Monday, January 16, 2012

Simple and Cute Crochet Heart Pattern Free

Simple & Cute
Little Crochet Hearts
Make a Rainbow
 

I am not sure, but my tiny brain may have invented a new crochet technique
"The Adjustable Heart"
Pattern Directions:
Form an adjustable circle {Adjustable Heart}
(Adjustable Circle Help Below)

 Chain 2

1 Round: Work 9 Double Crochets into the adjustable circle, Chain 2 - Do Not Join to first chain 2 stitches

Slip Stitch into the Circle to finish round

Bind off & slip loose end thru the center of circle to the back of your work

Pull the Circle (Heart) closed with the other loose end

Tie the loose ends together in a simple knot

Trim off  excess

Finished 

You have yourself a cute little heart
I made bobby pins with mine
In addtion to the bobby pins...
I plan on making simple little Valentine cards


I used an E size hook and thread yarn to create my little heart

Any size hook or yarn can be used for this pattern and you can play around with the stitches to create different sizes and effects

To create a point add a larger size crochet stitch to the center of featured pattern directions
Example (Chain 2, 4 Double Crochets, 1 Triple Crochet, 4 Double Crochets, Chain 2, Slip Stitch)
Check out Lorraine's Directions for changing up my little heart & her SUPER Cute Bobby Pin Project http://gratefulprayerthankfulheart.blogspot.com/2012/01/crochet-heart-bobby-pins.html


To make a SUPER tiny heart replace the first and last chain 2 with a chain one then replace the 9 double crochet stitches for a Single Crochet stitch
{To Create more of a point to a super tiny heart add a half double crochet stitch to the center}

To make a tiny heart replace the 9 double crochet stitches for a Half  Double Crochet stitch
{To Create more of a point to a tiny heart add a double crochet stitch to the center}

To create a slightly larger heart replace the first & last chain 2 with a chain 3, then use a Triple Crochet Stitch in place of the 9 double crochet stitches.
Creating a point for larger heart - Triple crochet the center stitch and add an extra chain before completeing the stitch , then continue with Triple Crochets, chain 3, slip stitch.

XL Heart using the adjustable heart method:
Double or triple up your yarn and use a an extra large hook to create a chunky super size heart, adding a size up stitch in the center works out really great for this method too

Bobby Pins: Cut a small piece of craft felt poke a hole in the center slip bobby pin thru the hole and hot glue to the back of heart.
You can also apply Modpodge or craft glue to stablize the back of  the applique.


Adjustable Circle Help




Shared at Raverly.com Etsy.com and the following FUN Blog Parties

GingerBread Saturday Blog Party




Tuesday Link Party

 

Every Thursday
A Crafty Soiree Link Party

Katie's Nesting Spot


 Manic Monday



Creations by Kara


Lucky Girl Hair Accessories

 
 

25 comments:

peggy said...

beatiful...but what do you mean chain 2 in the circle?can you upload any pics of the steps?i wait you at my blog to see my creations!!

Nikki@EverythingUndertheMoon said...

Ive been looking for a simple heart pattern! Im new to crocheting. I love how you put them on the bobby pins too! I would love it if you would share this at my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2012/01/bedazzle-me-monday-16.html

Have great rest of the week!!

Liz said...

Super cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!!! I have been on the hunt for a small heart and this is by far the smallest and it's adorable and super easy!!!! Greatly appreciated!!!

Amy said...

thank you for the pattern, I just had to PIN the phot to pinterest.

Alicia said...

Love this, thank you so very much for sharing your talents!!

Serendipity and Spice said...

Love these! I’m hosting a Valentine theme linky party starting tonight at 11:30. Would love it if you came by and linked up! www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com
-Melissa

lizy b said...

Love these!! Perfect little fancies to make while watching tv! I'd love to string these up like a banner!

Sylvie Créative - Créations Ma Déco Maison said...

Thanks a lot for your nice heart crochet pattern! I've used to decorate the plants at home. Have a nice day!

Hanni said...

Aww, these are so beautiful. So tiny hearts:)

TheCraftBarn said...

Love it!! I posted a link to this on my blog...thru my pinterest board!
Thanks,
Jennifer @ The Craft Barn
**I also have a GIVEAWAY going on - please stop by & enter!!

LDH said...

Hey, thanks SO much for adding the link back to my place :) Sweet girl! Hope you have a great day!

Furious Rainbow said...

<3

Alessandra said...

Adorei,

Fácil de fazer e muito divertido.

super beijo.

juliangreenfield said...

Very artistic! This is beautiful and creative.

Pharmacy Technician Iowa

Pat Robinson said...

Very creative and beautiful stuff! I love all your posts!

Best Doctors

margaretbechly said...

Wow! This is so damn cute! Can you please share more pictures like these?

Card Credit Payment Services

خياطة وتفصيل said...

thank you so much :)
http://sewingbreakdown.blogspot.com/

Lotus&Koi Handmade said...

so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Cutest thing ever! I am going to be adding these little hearts to everything I crochet ~ I'm obsessed! Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you...I crochet a lot of baby blankets and have been looking for a small heart that I can put in a corner...Love it!

Lisa Cowles said...

Cute little hearts to crochet. Perfect for united heart foundation among other wonderful charities! Who knew?

sam said...

Hi
Thanks a lot for your nice heart crochet pattern! I've used to decorate the plants at home. Have a nice day!

Saori said...

Thank you so much! I always search for a simple heart pattern. This is so cute and easy to make.

The MadStamper said...

SUPER CUTE!!! Thank you for sharing this adorable pattern! I just tried it and it is simple, quick and fabulous!!! THANK YOU!!!
=)