Monday, January 17, 2011

Anthropologie Inspired - Free Knit/Crochet Pattern

My Blog Addiction began on a Monday about a year ago when I was looking for DIY "Bitty Baby" Patterns. I found a diaper pattern at "Skip To My Lou" and I have been hooked ever since.
I started my blog on a Monday so...It is only fitting that my 2nd Blog Post include a free pattern to share at


 I recreated  the look of the  Anthropologie Store "Wintermallows Headband" with my own knitting design. The pattern is suitable for Beginners and can be finished in an evening.



Anthropologie Wintermallows Headband

My Version


“Wintermellow Headband”
Knit Pattern
by Cheryl

Easy - Advanced Beginner to Intermediate Level Knitter/Crochet
Materials Needed:

  • Knitting Needle Size: 13
  • Yarn: Caron Simply Soft, Ecru
  • Yarn Needle
  • Crochet Hook Size: G for Rosette
  • Optional: Organic Quilting Muslin, Alligator Hair Clip, Hot Glue for creating a detachable rosette hair piece.
Knit Stitches Used: Knit, Purl
Crochet Stitches Used: Single Crochet, Half Double & Chain
Note: Headband is worked up using 2 strands together, Works up as a flat piece and whip-stitched together to form round headband.
Moss Stitch used for first 4 stitches and last 4 stitches
Rosettes are worked up with one strand, hand stitched or glued to form rosette

Headband:
Holding 2 strands together
CO 16 Stitches
First 2 Rows are straight knitting
Row 3 – Knit, Purl, Knit, Purl, Knit 8, Purl, Knit, Purl, Knit
Row 4 – Purl, Knit, Purl, Knit, Purl 8, Knit, Purl, Knit, Purl
Repeat Row 3 & 4 until Piece Measures 16”
Knit last 2 rows
Bind Off
Whip Stitch together, Weave in loose ends
Finished
Rosettes
Make 3
With G Hook
Chain 20
3 single crochets in 2nd chain from hook
3 Half double Crochets in next stitch and in every stitch until the end and bind
off
Form a round rosette, stitch together to secure rosette shape
Finished
Attach Rosettes to headband by stitching in place in a cluster
Or
Create a detachable hair clip by forming rosettes then hot glue them in a cluster
to fuzzy soft quilting muslin or felt. Secure Alligator clip to the back with hot
glue and another small piece of muslin or felt to cover the bottom prong.
Clip to headband




With much appreciation to all who share on blogs and faithfully host GREAT Parties every week .....my pattern is happily shared at the FUN sites


http://www.thethriftyhome.com





Thank You ! Alexis - You are a DARLING model !

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Love the headband......I'm new to knitting but I might give this a try!

Positively Whimsy said...

Your headband is beautiful, Cheryl! I just love it!

CountryBelle said...

I really like it as a cowl too. I love the ivory, very pretty! Thanks for stopping by my little ol blog!
Cheers!

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Great pattern! Thanks for sharing. I really love the headbands you did, too!

Beth said...

And thank you so much for sharing and posting my button so loudly and proudly :-)

Great work!